8 Ounces baguette, cut into 1â€ť chunks
ÂĽ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 Shallot, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 Â˝ lbs. tomatoes cut into lâ€ť chunks
1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put the baguette chunks on a large baking sheet, toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Bake, turning occasionally, until lightly browned. 15- 20 mins.
- Meanwhile put the shallot in a small bowl and add enough water to cover. Let the shallot sit for 5 minutes, then drain & pat dry with a paper towel. Put the remaining ÂĽ cup oil, vinegar, garlic & mustard in a small bowl, glass measuring cup or mug; season with salt & pepper.
- Process with an immersion blender until the garlic is minced & the mixture is thick & smooth, 15-20 seconds. Taste & adjust the seasoning.
- Combine the bread, shallot, vinaigrette, tomatoes and basil in a large salad bowl; toss to combine. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Taste & adjust the seasoning, then serve.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Smoked Bacon
6 Slices Smoked Bacon, cut in l inch pieces
2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered
3 TBSP Basting Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. heat large ovenproof skillet on Medium-High. Add bacon: cook turning occasionally until crisp. Remove from pan; set aside. Drain drippings from pan.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with basting oil; season to taste with salt & pepper. Add to pan: roast in oven about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in chestnuts and cooked bacon. Return to oven about 10 minutes to heat.
1 (15 oz.) Angel Food Cake, coarsely chopped
16 oz. fresh strawberries, quartered
2 TB fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 TB cinnamon sugar
2 TB Gia Russa White Balsamic Glaze â€“ divided butter cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
Cut angel food cake in 1 in. cubes (6 cups)
Quarter strawberries: chop mint
- Combine strawberries, cinnamon sugar & 1 tablespoon glaze til blended.Let stand 10-15 minutes or until juices appear.
- Place cake pieces on baking sheet & coat with spray- Bake 10-12 min. til toasted
- Combine all ingredients (including remaining 1 TB of glaze). Toss gently & serve.
Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
16 oz. Fresh strawberries (2 Â˝ cups)
3 oz. Blue cheese
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Granola
1/8 tsp pepper
1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp Poppy Seed Dressing
1 (5 oz) bag Spring Mix Salad Blend
*Slice strawberries thinly.
*Cut blue cheese into 1/4â€ť pieces
- Combine strawberries, blue cheese, granola, pepper and 1/3 cup salad dressing
- Toss salad blend and 2 tablespoons dressing until evenly coated. Arrange on serving plates. Top with Strawberry mixture and serve.
(This is good on grilled fish, tortilla chips or spooned over slices of fresh mozzarella)
2 cups strawberries, stemmed & diced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled & diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
Juice from 1 lime
2 TB finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Combine strawberries, avocado, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, sugar & salt in
A bowl and gently toss.
Serve immediately with grilled fish or tortilla chips.
(makes 4-6 servings)