Simple Caprese Salad
2 Cups balsamic vinegar
3-4 whole ripe tomatoes
1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese
12-16 fresh basil leaves
Olive oil â€“ best quality
Salt & Fresh ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pan reduce the balsamic vinegar over medium heat to make a thick syrup.
- Slice the tomatoes, but not too thinly & arrange on an attractive serving platter. (this should be served family style) .
- Slice the cheese a little thicker than the tomatoes (wipe the blade clean after each cut to make it an easier job) and place one slice on top of each tomato, add a basil leaf or two and drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar.
Serve chilled with a glass of Pinot Grigio or a dry Riesling.
Roasted Cauliflower Steak
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice one head of cauliflower from top to base into Âľâ€ť slabs.
Rub both sides of each slab with fresh garlic. SautĂ© over medium-high heat
In 1 TBSP olive oil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Repeat for all steaks.
- Lay steaks on a baking sheet (line sheet with parchment for easy clean-up)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Puree ÂĽ cup pitted kalamata olives, ÂĽ cup cilantro, ÂĽ cup olive oil,
1 tsp chili flakes, and 2 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice.
Drizzle dressing on steaks and serve.
Sauteed Pork Chops With Kale
2 large bunches Kale
4 (1/2 lb ea) Center-cut bone-in Pork Chops
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
l lemon (juiced)
- Cut stems & spines from kale leaves, then roughly chop; wash well (do not dry) and set aside. In a large skillet over medium=high heat, heat enough oil to coat bottom. Season pork with salt & pepper. SautĂ© until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a place and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 more tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook garlic until golden, about 1 minute.
Add kale and sautĂ© until tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Eggplant with Pork, Onions, Peppers
3 tablespoons olive oil + more if needed
1 large eggplant or 2 medium (l lb. cut in 3/4â€ť cubes)
3 bulb onions, cut in 1/2â€ť slices or chunks.
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb. boneless pork (loin or sirloin chops, in 3/4â€ťcubes)
3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
4 small sweet peppers- sliced lengthwise in thin strips
1 TBSP chopped fresh oregano or chives
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet; add the eggplant & onions.
- Season with ÂĽ tsp salt; cook, stirring often until the vegetables begin to soften, 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add pepper strips to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring until just beginning to soften 1-2 minutes. (The peppers should remain crisp).
- Stir peppers & oregano into the pork & vegetables. Serve over rice.
3 Â˝ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
10 ounces Kale (stems removed & chopped)
1 tsp sherry vinegar
Arrange oven racks in center and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place a large jelly-roll pan in oven for 5 minutes.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place kale mixture on hot pan, spreading
With a silicone spatula to separate leaves. Bake at 425 deg for 7 minutes. Stir kale. Bake an
Additional 5 minutes or until edges of leaves are crisp and kale is tender.
Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, toss to combine. Serve immediately.