Sauteed Pork Chops With Kale
2 large bunches Kale
4 (1/2 lb ea) Center-cut bone-in Pork Chops
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
l lemon (juiced)
- Cut stems & spines from kale leaves, then roughly chop; wash well (do not dry) and set aside. In a large skillet over medium=high heat, heat enough oil to coat bottom. Season pork with salt & pepper. SautĂ© until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a place and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 more tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook garlic until golden, about 1 minute.
Add kale and sautĂ© until tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Eggplant with Pork, Onions, Peppers
3 tablespoons olive oil + more if needed
1 large eggplant or 2 medium (l lb. cut in 3/4â€ť cubes)
3 bulb onions, cut in 1/2â€ť slices or chunks.
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb. boneless pork (loin or sirloin chops, in 3/4â€ťcubes)
3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
4 small sweet peppers- sliced lengthwise in thin strips
1 TBSP chopped fresh oregano or chives
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet; add the eggplant & onions.
- Season with ÂĽ tsp salt; cook, stirring often until the vegetables begin to soften, 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add pepper strips to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring until just beginning to soften 1-2 minutes. (The peppers should remain crisp).
- Stir peppers & oregano into the pork & vegetables. Serve over rice.
3 Â˝ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
10 ounces Kale (stems removed & chopped)
1 tsp sherry vinegar
Arrange oven racks in center and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place a large jelly-roll pan in oven for 5 minutes.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place kale mixture on hot pan, spreading
With a silicone spatula to separate leaves. Bake at 425 deg for 7 minutes. Stir kale. Bake an
Additional 5 minutes or until edges of leaves are crisp and kale is tender.
Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
2Â Â eggplant sliced lengthwise, peeled or unpeeled
1Â Â Â loaf French or Italian bread split lengthwise
Oil (olive or salad)
Salt & Pepper
Whole basil leaves
Sliced Plum Tomatoes
- Brush both sides of eggplant with oil.
- Grill 3-4 minutes each side until lightly browned & tender.
- Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar.
- Grill or toast cut sides of bread.
- Rub with cut garlic and drizzle with oil.
- Place grilled eggplant on bottom of bread, season with salt & pepper.
- Top with basil, tomatoes,asiago cheese.
- Cover, cut & eat!!
D E L I C I O U S
8 slices (3/4â€ť ea) Pane Italian Bread
8 slices (1/4â€ť ea) Fresh Mozzarella cheese
l/4 cup roasted red tomato strips-OBFF Vine Ripe Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper to taste
8 leaves Fresh Basil
2 tsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Top 4 slices of bread with 2 slices of mozzarella, about 4 roasted tomato strips, salt & pepper to taste, and 2 Basil leaves. Close sandwiches, pressing down lightly.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM until oil shimmers lightly.
Add Panini to pan; press with spatula to flatten. Turn over when
Bottom slices turn golden brown, about 4 min. Cook 3-4 min, pressing
Occasionally with spatula to flatten, until second sides are golden brown.